Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of a person’s teeth, and smile. Below are the dental cosmetic procedures that you can undergo to improve your smile:
- Teeth whitening: Teeth can become stained and discolored over time, especially from consuming food and beverages. At the office of Dr. Aki Shirakura & Associates, we offer teeth whitening service by using professional strength whitening products. Teeth whitening is a quick and inexpensive way to rejuvenate your appearance
- Bonding: Bonding improves teeth with spaces, chipped, broken, cracked or stained teeth. Bonding materials are also used to fill small cavities or to protect the exposed root of a tooth.
- Veneers: These are custom shells usually made from porcelain materials. They cover the front sides of the teeth to change color and/or shape. This procedure is good for people whose teeth are sensitive and their enamel has eroded.
- Crowns: Crowns or caps completely cover a tooth and restore the normal shape and appearance of the tooth. Crowns are made of metal, porcelain fused to metal, resin, or ceramic materials
- Enamel shaping and contouring: This involves removing or contouring dental enamel to improve the appearance of your teeth. The dentist may combine this process with bonding to alter the shape, length or position of teeth.
- Braces: Braces improve the look of crooked teeth, they can improve irregular bite, correct jaw positioning and jaw disorders. They apply pressure to and reposition teeth for a few months or longer in advanced cases. Another option for correcting minor space problems are clear custom appliances called aligners or invisible braces. Unlike fixed braces, aligners can be removed while eating, brushing or flossing. Often there are two phases of treatment with braces wearing braces, and then using a retainer to hold your teeth in their new position. Retainers can be removable or permanently bonded in behind your teeth.
- Dentures: They are used to restore missing teeth. Dentures are removable dental appliance that holds one or more artificial teeth.
- Dental bridges: Bridges are used to replace missing teeth with artificial teeth. They can be made of gold, alloys, porcelain, or a combination. Bridges use adjacent teeth as anchors. The dentist anchors them into the surrounding teeth after preparing them for them for crowns.
- Dental Implants: Implants are a long-term solution for replacing missing teeth. They are an alternative to bridges. A surgeon implants them surgically into the jawbone. Two or more implants can provide a stable support for replacing several teeth.
Contact Dr. Aki Shirakura & Associates!
A healthy smile not only improves your appearance, but also boosts your self-esteem and confidence. Our desire is that each and every client who walks through the doors of Dr. Aki Shirakura & Associates has a dental experience that they feel great about.